biblereflections

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Job 37:13

OUT OF HIS KINDNESS, GOD MAKES THE CLOUDS COME,
WHETHER IT BE FOR PUNISHMENT OR FOR BLESSING.
Job 37:13

A common prayer throughout the world today is "Let it rain!"
It is a good prayer. The fact that it is a worldwide prayer makes it clear that it is a prayer inspired by God.
But I think that people are not understanding the concept in all of what it implies or what it is bringing forth.
For according to the scripture above rain can bring punishment. And we are seeing it in the natural, but I believe it is also about to start in other areas of our lives.
"Bea, why are you always so negative?"
As I just told my cousin, I wish I could continue giving those messages of "do not worry everything will be ok, in time." but it is a lie. Things are not going to be good until we correct our steps, clean out our hearts and change our paths.
AND even then, things will be hard. But then God will be on our side, and that will be a huge difference.

We have to understand the time in which we are living.
We have to wake up!!!
In I kings 18 we find another passage that talks about rain. Elijah prayed and there was no rain for THREE years!!! Then this day comes and he confronts the people of Israel. He tells them: You have divided your heart, you do not honor God whole heartedly!
He kills baals' prophets and then he does something strange...he prays for rain.
Seven times he sent his servant to search the sky, on the 7th time the servant comes back and declares: I see a small cloud about the size of my fist.
And Elijah sends him to the king...tell him to run, it is going to pour!!!
Elijah ran, and got to Jezrel before the king.
Elijah knew and understood it was going to pour.

If Elijah had told the king it is going to pour three months before, Elijah would have ended up as a fool.
But if Elijah had not run, he would have gotten wet.

Do you understand?
Sometimes I feel people pray for rain and pray for rain...but then act as if it were not going to come.
Rain is coming, and it will catch most by surprise, for them rain will be a rain of punishment.
There is no way to stop the rain from coming.
It is coming. If you stop and look at the spiritual skies you can see them clouds forming.
But for many those clouds will not be a blessing.

God walking in the midst of earth. Judgement being the foundation of His throne.
I will tell you the truth, sometimes...only sometimes I get too tired of trying to wake up people to this truth. I speak and speak. In return I get sweet smiles, and eyes that say "you exagerate, you forget about God's loving mercy"
I sigh. I shake my head. I cannot convince myself I exagerate...but maybe I can stop being a pest to others...but then there are these mornings.
Mornings in which I stop to pray. And then I see the clouds forming... and I turn and see everyone soooo distracted, sooooo of tune.
I cannot pray "stop the rain!" that hurts the Spirit.
So I move out and risk my frindship and my life, as I declare:
"We must repent, we must repent! we must get right with God!
No time to lose! No time to continue in our old ways!
Not a time to continue justifying our sin!
Not a time to continue doing our own thing!
Not a time to use God's name lightly!"

Oh! May God open our eyes so we may see the clouds forming in the horizon.