biblereflections

Sunday, May 29, 2005

John 4:34

JESUS SAID TO THEM, "MY FOOD IS TO DO THE WILL OF HIM
WHO SENT ME, TO ACCOMPLISH HIS WORK.
John 4:34

God asked me to do an art project this week. It was a collague. I mixed two things.
Last week my mom finished studying the book "A life with a purpose" in her group, and they had to make a celebration. As part of the celebration I put together some games. For one of the games I made some questions which I stuck on colorful paper. I took the questions from the index since I haven't read the book myself. I simply looked at the Chapter and turned it into a question or asked people to explain what that idea meant.
So we ended up with little cards that say things like:
- Explain what it means to be made for a mission.
- what ist he heart of praise?
- What guides your life?
- How are we transformed?
- what does it mean to restore fellowship?
- what is God's perspective on life?
- Which gifts does God give?
- Explain what it means to be created for the family of God.
- what makes God smile?
- how does the power of God work in our weakness?
-Explain what it means to be created to please God.
- how to keep balance in our lives.

And some others.
Then God asked me to take out pictures. And we made a collague. I still look at it and I am fully amazed as I look at it. The answers are not printed out in letters. They are printed out in pictures. Pictures of my life.
The things I have done in obedience to God, are the things that have made my life a PURPOSEFUL LIFE. A life of which I am proud and which brings a tremendous satisfaction, enough to say "I can die"
One of the questions, is placed upon the picture of a rainbow in Norway,it says:
How do we live a life with purpose?

I have never read that book, but I have done it. I AM a living testimony that it is true, one can live a purposeful life, one can live in a pleasing way to God, one can Be God's friend...
ONE CAN MAKE GOD SMILE.

"Bea, what was the secret?"
I asked God one question, and when I got the answer I obeyed.
That question was and has been and from now on will continue to be:
GOD , WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Ps. I told God "I like our art proyect" (meaning the collague)
God answered, "yes, it is a masterpiece" (meaning my life!)