biblereflections

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

James 5:19

MY CHRISTIAN BROTHERES, IF ANY OF YOU SHOULD BE LED
AWAY FROM THE TRUTH, LET SOMEONE TURN HIM BACK AGAIN.
James 5:19

As God has been speaking to me on the fact that He really, really, really wants me to go to the leaders of the church I have had many inner struggles.
To talk about sin to a none christian is easy. Yes, they sometimes answer with the "but I harm nobody" excuse but by and by they do see that it is true that they are living in a sinful manner.
Talking to church leaders is totally a different story. It can be a missionary or a pastor or a cell group leader...it is usually the same. They know theology, they know the right names. Names like mercy and grace. And process of santification. AND even better yet is the "I have dealt with that before, now I am clean. I cannot keep looking back"
I believe in all the above BUT used correctly NOT to avoid facing sin.
As I talked with someone recently I was amazed by her capacity to handle the issue. It reminded me of a good basketball player. Ever had that feeling? You are trying to get the ball but your opponent is sooo good that he passes the ball from one side to the other in less than a second and when you think you have him pinned down, he takes two steps back and throws the ball way over your head.
The other day, when I was talking to a friend on sin it was like playing chess. It actually became challenging. Trying to make her accept her sin was challenging. Finally she smiled and said "you are intelligent" ...I was drained.
Sinning is not the way to face sin. Repenting is the only safe way out of sin. Sinning more will only carry you to more disolution and pain.
Facing sin is no fun, but it is healthy. God has made a way for us to handle sin. Only His way will do the trick. Only our repentance, only our seeking Him, only our being washed by Jesus' blood will we be full of His loving favor and peace.

I sigh.
I really hope that we all start walking in the fire of God... it will be good to see my loved ones on their feet and out of sin, living in a satisfying way.
I have said yes to my call to pastors and leaders of the church. May God grant me the grace to do my job well... what a challenge lies ahead!!!