biblereflections

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Genesis 18:14

IS THERE ANYTHING IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD?
NEXT YEAR I WILL VISIT YOU...
Genesis 18:14

I do not know why God does this kind of stuff to me...perhaps it is because He really likes to play.
One of His favorite games is "Dares"
"Bea Gasca I dare you to stay in Bolivia and see me take care of you!"
I dared.
"Bea Gasca I dare you to stand on the bench and praise me in the church meeting!"
I dared.
"Bea Gasca I dare you to go to the hospitals and give more than a brochure, give your heart!"
I dared.
"Bea Gasca I dare you to go to the jungle and tell my church they are close to my heart!"
I dared.

I have heard God say this so many times. Yesterday I chatted with a friend, she gently and carefully and I could almost hear her taking a deep breath as she asked "Bea, what are your dreams now?"
"I want to get married"
I wish I could have seen her face. My dear friend who has gone through a divorce like me. And whose wings have been broken like mine. I knew she wondered why on earth I had said that.
"I believe it is God's dream to see a good marriage on planet earth. His dreams are mine.
If I dare to dream they will become true. When He asked me to go to the jungle nobody thought I could do it..."
"Bea, I believe you."

Strange. She believes for me, but not for herself. I pray that in time that will change.

But I am now facing a much harder issue. Yes, it is an issue of faith. God's dares are always related to faith.
God has spoken to me so much on Norway. That I do believe that something strong is going on there.
But when somebody asked me "Should I be praying for your migration to Norway? For I believe you would much rather be part of the unfolding of it than just be praying in another continent.."
I froze.

I lost a revival before.
Am I ready? Have I really changed? Am I prepared?
Can I truly be used to touch the hearts of the leaders of the church in Norway?
Is it possible that God is really considering it all seriously?
Is it possible for God to use ME like that?
Is it possible...?

I am not worried about visas and money. I am worried about my heart.
and about the past...
Yes, God has spoken to me on ministry. I still remember the amazing moment in which He told me:
" get involved"

But the revival in Norway...wow- that is major stuff.

My friend's question was God's dare:
"Bea, I double dare you to be part of the revival"

I lost my breath.
So He adds (because He knows all of the questions that arise in my heart)
IS THERE ANYTHING IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD?
I WILL VISIT YOU AGAIN...
Gen. 18:14

I WILL VISIT YOU AGAIN.
Gen. 18:14

is it possible? is it possible?...God, are you serious about it? are you really sure? have you thought about this carefully? is it possible?...
I long to believe...
I haven't dared yet.