biblereflections

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Psalm 102:13-14

O LORD YOU WILL ARISE AND HAVE MERCY ON SION,
FOR IT IS TIME TO PITY HER,
FOR HER FRAGMENTED STONES ARE DEAR TO YOUR SERVANTS,
AND HER DUST MOVES THEM TO PITY.
Psalm 102:13-14

I like having a conversation with God. Somebody asked me what I thought that "build your temple" meant. I could have taken out a "canned answer", you know one of the previous studies I have heard on the topic and given the answer.
But I decided to ask God what He wanted to say. So I start to pay attention to the scriptures that have to do with building.
And slowly I start to get the pieces of a puzzle and as I put them together a picture begins to show.
There is Isai where God speaks "your builder shall marry you." Which links perfectly with Ephesus 5 where the role of the husband is described as a role of building his wife with love and correction.
Then there is Luke where Jesus tells men that they should be careful and consider if they will be able to finish the construction and where he advices them not to start building if they cannot finish the job.
Of course we all know the parable of building in the sand vs building on the rock (Mathew 7) where we are told that if we obey God then we will have a solid building.
And there is Luke 20:17 that says
THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, HAS BECOME THE CORNER STONE
The corner stone being Jesus. Jesus should be the corner stone of that which we intend to build.

okey so far, it is clear and preatty. We all kind of knod and say...mmmm, nice.
But that is not all
Then we run into Psalm 102 where it speaks of "it is time to have mercy and rebuild"
now my eyes grow big.
For I begin to understand what God is telling me.
We know that at the end times there will be things that "no eyes have seen, no ear has heard..."
I believe that one of them things is the restauration of women.
Women have been deeply hurt through out history. All over the world women have suffered all sorts of abuse and limitations. Animals have had a better life than women. Sounds like an exageration but it is not. I will not go into telling all sorts of horror stories. If you doubt my words...just leave your comfortable seat and walk outside for a while.
Many women do not even dare to think. It is too painful. They simply accept what surounds them for they have no idea of how to break loose from the bondages that tie them up.
God has often given me this verse in lamentations to pray on:
My eyes torment my soul at the sight of all the daughters of my city.
Lamentations 3:51

I believe God is grieved by the wrong that has been doen to women. In fact, if you have ever wondered why Revelations speaks of such awful plagues that will fall upon the world I truly believe that it is in part to all the vengance God is pileing up. Vengance of hurt and abused women and girls. He has heard every cry, every tear.
But before that happens, He plans to restore women in an amazing move of the Holy Spirit through earth. And that restoration will be through good solid marriages, through loving and caring husbands that will be understood on God's plan.

That is something worthwhile seeing. And preparing for... =)