biblereflections

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Esther 4:16

I WILL GO IN TO THE KING, AGAINST THE LAW,
NOT BEING CALLED, AND
EXPOSE MYSELF TO DEATH AND TO DANGER.
AND IF I PERISH I PERISH.
Esther 4:16

One of the surprises I have had when I returned to Mexico was the fact that now there are women bullfighters.
I have been strongly tempted to go to a bullfight. I do not like them, but I just keep thinking about these girls boldly facing a bull, and well, I think I will go one day.
Besides there are 3 bullfighters each evening. And they have been putting a girl with two men. I bet you anything it gets exciting. The girls go and really show off because they need to prove to the world that they can do the job as good as men, and then the men have to go and really show off to make sure they do not look weaker than the girls. It must be interesting...
But I haven't gone because I do not like bullfights. I used to have a friend whose dad was a bullfighter and so I went to see the bull fights a couple of times. I did not enjoy it. I knew her dad was in constant danger. It was not funny. I was relieved when it was over. Her dad was hurt by a bull once, I was not present... but I know that the danger is real.
I have been praying all these days, burning fire has approached and God has lighted the darkness of my heart. He has confronted me with my deep fear of getting hurt once again and He has commanded me to reach out. Not to DO, but to BE a friend of pastors once again.
I have trembled at the tought, but I have accepted the challenge.
I have gotten a new uniform, to get me ready for such a task.
Yep, you are right.
It is a bull fighter's uniform. But I can't wear it yet. I must practice first. But the decision has been made, the uniform has been obtained and in strong determination I have said:
I WILL GO AND EXPOSE MYSELF TO DEATH AND DANGER.
AND IF I PERISH, I PERISH,
but I will obey.