biblereflections

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Genesis 3:6

EVE TOOK OF ITS FRUIT AND ATE IT, AND ALSO GAVE SOME TO
HER HUSBAND AND HE ATE.
Genesis 3:6

Let me mourn! Hold me not back!
Let me mourn! Let me cover my head with ashes! Let me weep and wail!
Let me mourn, perhaps that way the pain in my heart will be taken away...
Let me mourn, let me wail.. perhaps this stinging pain will be easened in some way...
Let me mourn, let me cry...perhaps the tears will wash the pain away.
Let me cry until I am tired and fall asleep, perhaps that way, in my dreams the pain will not be.

The pain of seeing creation corrupted and sick.
The pain of searching for a place free of sin and not finding it...not even in my own heart.
Oh, Eve. Oh, Adan...what a terrible decision you took!
Now, no matter where you look the toll of sin is seen.

Let me mourn, let my tears roll...
as I see beautiful girls paying the price of living in a world full of sin
Let me mourn, let my heart weep,
as I see sweet boys losing all hope.

Let me mourn, do not tell me to stop!
Do not tell me my tears upset your day!
Go on with your day!... allow me to weep.

Let me tear my heart as I hear the cry for help of lonely lost souls,
Let me cover my head with ashes as I find hatred and envy in every step I take...even in my own heart
Let me scream, a shrilling scream to try to ease my pain.

Oh, do not tell me to quiet down
do not tell me that my cries unsettle the town.
OH!!! If it were only true!
If my cries would unsettle the ears...if it would soften the hearts
Then perhaps the pain that is weighing heavenly upon me would be removed.

Let me mourn, as I find that it is the only thing that I can do.
I am too small to heal the wound of this world
I am too poor, too fraigle..
Let me mourn, let the tears be my companions...
they understand, they too have been where I have been.

So much death, no matter were you look, a heavy burden for a simple soul...
Jesus, my Lord, how have you done it all along?
Your pain is deeper than mine I know...
Jesus...I am sorry Lord.
I am sorry when I told you to stop weeping before me.
When I told you I wanted to hear no more.
When I told you that your tears were upsetting my life.
When I told you that you were God, and you did not need me to hear you cry.

Jesus, your tears have often been your only companions, have they not?
I am sorry...I was overwhelmed by the world's dying situation.
Jesus, I know that my words cannot ease your pain, words do not ease mine.
So I will not speak. I will cry by your side.

And I will let your tears soften my heart.
I will let your pain tear me apart.
I will let your heart be mine...it will kill me, you know? too much pain... but I will cry by your side.

It was your tears that took me out of my selfishness one day...
I hope your tears will do the same again.
Dear Jesus, come and cry by my side today...
may your tears wash my fear away...
may your tears wash my hesitation away...
may your tears make me bold once more.

Dear Jesus, come and cry by my side today. I will not tell you to stop. I will not tell you to wait.
Dear Jesus, come and cry by my side today. I will cry with you today.