biblereflections

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Colossians 1:9-10

THAT YOU MAY BE FILLED WITH KNOWLEDGE OF HIS WILL,
IN ALL SPIRITUAL WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING, SO THAT
YOU MAY WALK WORTHILY OF GOD AND PLEASE HIM IN ALL THINGS.
THIS INCLUDES BEARING GOOD FRUITS IN ALL GOOD DEADS, GROWING
IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOD AND BEING STRENGTHENED IN ALL WAYS
WITH HIS GLORIOUS POWER. THAT WAY YOU WILL PERSEVERE
WITH PATIENCE IN ALL SITUATIONS.
Colossians 1:9-10

I have been pondering on this verse a lot. Some people do not understand how I managed to come and leave my children behind (I myself wonder at times...)
I guess the only answer I can give is the fact that I was sure it was God's will. And the amount of peace that I have to carry out with this project comes out from exactly that...it is His will. Since I have the assurance it is God's will then I was able to obey (a walk worthily of God), I cannot talk of the good fruits yet...they will come in the future. But yes definitely I have grown in my knowledge of God through the whole process. I understand and know Him in a way that I would not have ever understood unless I had obeyed and left my kids behind...and the most amazing thing, yes I am being strenghtened in a tremendous way.
AND I am persevering in my present situation.

Not only has may knowledge of God himself has expanded, but my understanding of His misterious way has also expanded.
I no longer grow in panic because my life "isn't how it is supposed to be"
I have gotten to understand that pain is part of life and it is part of a good life.
I have been a witness to how a tense and most difficult situation can be used in God's hand to provide healing and strength.
I have understood that His will is not similar to Walt Disney movies, His will often has pain and tension, but that one can walk in peace and strenghthened in an amazing way.
I no longer pray ordering God around. "God do this, and change so and so, and give me money and tell me where to go"
I now pray "Father, I humbly come to you, seeking to understand your will and
strength to obey"
I no longer fall apart when I do not have the control of a situation, I may cry but I do not fall apart.
I no longer see a situation as "if God doesn´t do something to make things easier, I will not last one minute longer!"
I now see the storm ahead, take a deep, deep breath and say:
If this is YOUR will it must be good,
I accept your will, just give me the strength.
And the wisdom to see where I must step next.

I must add that if the storm ahead is not His will then I do spiritual warefare. But definitely a lot of the storms are in His control.
I will probably get to the point of not only accepting them storms, but I will also enjoy them, knowing of the beautiful fruits that come forth after such a storm.

"Father, we humbly come to you,
seeking your will and asking for the strength to obey.
May you kingdom come, your will be done,
In Jesus' name amen."