biblereflections

Friday, March 25, 2005

Mark 15:24

AND THEY CRUCIFIED HIM.
Mark 15:24

I have done many different studies on the subject of the cross. All good. But for some reason none have the same effect in my heart than this small verse does.
The simplicity of the cross.
It strickes me.
God on the cross, willing to buy with His own son
a sinner like me.
I am a blood bought sinner, and the blood shed was that of the sonĀ“s of God.

Why God? Why did you take the cross?
You did not have to...you could have just crushed me and started all over again...You, YOU are God!
Why God? Why did you take the cross?
To buy me? a sinner who constantly doubts your plans, and questions your timing and wisdom, and raises an eyebrow when You act as the God who is God?
Why God? Why did you take the cross?
To buy me? a sinner who often believes she is god? rejecting you as an only God?
Why God? Why did you take the cross?
To buy me? a sinner who often tries to make you according to her own image and her own ways...rejecting you as a perfect God?

Why God? Why did you pay with your own blood?
It is a simple message.
Nowhere to get lost.
He went to the cross to buy me, a sinner of the worst kind.

I do not understand why people are amazed at my decision to totally surrender myself to this God.
I guess next time I will simply point to the cross, hoping someday they too will understand the simplicity of the cross.

The God of the cross has accepted me,
a sinner of the worst kind...even now,
I cannot truly understand.
But I cannot remain unmoved, untouched
by such love.

"oh God! You gave all for me!!!
Here I am, I fight against my sin,
I surrender...take ALL of me!
Make the cross whorthwhile...
take ALL of me, I surrender ALL.
Most loving God of the cross,
I surrender to your love call.
I surrender ALL."