biblereflections

Sunday, March 27, 2005

I John 1:6

IF WE SAY THAT WE HAVE FELLOWSHIP WITH
HIM AND WALK IN DARKNESS, WE LIE.
I John 1:6

In another version it says:
THE ONE THAT SAYS HE IS IN HIM,
SHOULD LIVE AS HE LIVED.

I tell people to read the Bible...eventhough I know they will find these verses, and that they will often discourage them. But any other type of christianity is like a hot air ballon...empty.
This is the truth. This is what God expects of us. Nothing less. He expects us to walk as Jesus walked on earth.
I love reading about His walk on earth. I stop and look at every detail. Why did He do that? Why did He take that man out of town before healing him? How did he react when persecuted?
Did you know that He rested?
Did you know that He defended His disciples from the critics of the religious leaders of His time, but He himself would really be rough with them sometimes?
Did you know that He did not mind crying in public?
Did you know that He was not a coward, that He would confront people head on?
Did you know that at times He retired to be alone?
Did you know He liked picknics?
Did you know that He called His disciples "my sons"?

There are too many movies of Jesus now days, each portraying the authors perspective of Him. But I think it is a dangerous thing to accept this movies as truth...expecially since we have a command to walk as He walked when He was on earth.
So I suggest you read Mathew, Mark, Luke and John. And do it regularly. Look closely at Him, observe His every move.
And as you do, remember the command:
LIVE AS HE LIVED.