biblereflections

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Romans 9:20-21

O MAN, WHO ARE YOU TO REPLY TO GOD?
DOES THE OBJECT MOULDED SAY TO HIM WHO MOULDED IT:
WHY HAVE YOU MADE ME LIKE THIS?
OR IS NOT THE POTTER MASTER OF HIS CLAY?
Romans 9:20-21

Church, wake up! God is the master!!!
I have to speak of my past foolishness again.
I once acted as if God were not the master. I wanted to chose the shape He would mold me into.
When God would tell me I was a prophet I litterally turned my back on Him. A prophet I did not want to be. I have read my Bible since I was a child, I knew what prophets had to go through. I was not interested in such a job.
I did the same with my pastoral ministry. Too much responsability. Being a mother of three I was well aware of the difference between an object, a plant, a pet and a human being. I really believed that if I ignored my ministry as a pastor then God would not demand people's lives from me.
How wrong I was. Due to my foolishness the Body of Christ has suffered great loss. Many have been wounded, and many have walked in confusion and disappointment. AND at the end of that day God did ask me to render accounts on them people who He had appointed to me!
Ouch is not enough.
Repentance has to come through.
I do repent.
I am now in the process of accepting my ministries. Fear has been casted out, not because I "know it all" but because I do not want to hear God asking me again (ever again)
"BEA GASCA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!?"
The sterness of His voice. The wrath in His eyes...that I fear. And such fear gives me a tremendous boldness to raise and take hold of that which is and was mine from the very start.
DO NOT by any means dare to say something like:
"Bea, I told you all things work out together for good,
you made a mistake but now...look at you!!!"
DO NOT say such words. I will knock all your teeth out.
TOO many people were killed, too many hurt ... NO WAY to excuse that.

If I had obeyed God, years back. If I had looked at this Bible verse and had said "amen, your will be done, not mine," these people's blood would not have covered my hands.

We are seeking for a revival. We better get things straight fast.
What are our ministries? Accept them and start training fast!!!!

I must declare the truth. And the truth is that there were two ministries that I truly have enjoyed. One is the ministry of encouraging others. I like this one a lot. There is a certain perfume in it that is hard to resist. It is not necessarily an easy task- I once had to travel 3 days into the jungle to find a young man, simply to say "be encouraged, God has not forgotten you!"
So, easy it is not. But the look in that young man's eyes...such a reward, and then God's gentle whisper "Thanks, Bea, I appreciate it a lot" ... I like doing this-a lot.
The other ministry I enjoy is teaching. I feel comfortable with it, and it is fun. There is a lot of hope in this ministry. The hope of seeing people's lives changed as truth begins to light their path.
Saddly enough I havenĀ“t been able to carry out these ministries out as well as I could, due to the lack of a leadership that would be willing to accept such ministries and also trust what God had already done in me in order to support me in a more effective way.

Leaders HAVE TO get past their own selfishness. They have to look beyond. We are no longer in times "to play church." There is so much talk from leaders asking people to get involved, yet when people do arise they do not trust that which God has done in these people, they hesitate and put all sorts of obstacles in people's way.
Leaders, we are way too distracted. Time we stop. Time we look at God and take Him, REALLY take Him as the Master of all.
Leaders it is time we stop and go back to the word of God.

Church, wake up...God is the Master not us
Church, wake up...wake up, we are late...wake up....God is the Master, not us, not us.

May He really be the master of our lives.