biblereflections

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Revelations 19:7

LET US BE GLAD AND REJOICE,
AND GIVE GLORY TO HIM; FOR THE MARRIAGE
OF THE LAMB HAS COME, AND HIS SPOUSE HAS
PREPARED HERSELF. AND SHE HAS BEEN PERMITTED
TO CLOTHE HERSELF IN FINE LINEN, SHINING,
BRIGHT.
REVELATIONS 19:7

This is a very popular verse in church now days. There is a song with it that I really like. The idea of being His bride is beautiful, overwhelming...a delight!
But today I want to ponder on the "white linen."
She has been permitted ...wow!
Do you know it is a privilige to wear white linen clothes?
And do you know it is a privilige we (as a church) seldom wear?
Do you know the ending of the previous verse?

FOR FINE LINEN IS THE JUST DEEDS OF THE SAINTS.

Not good deeds...read well, JUST DEEDS.
We know so little of what justice means, we don´t even like to hear of GOD IS A JUST GOD...how are we to do JUST DEEDS?

I believe that the revival I carry in my womb is a revival based on justice. It will be different...very different. Yes, there will be stadiums filled, and there will be miracles, and worship...but I am thirsty for something else, and I know I won´t stop until I see it.
I am thirsty for justice.
I long to see the church bringing forth justice on earth.
Entire countries are wailing "justice! justice!"
and nobody answers their voice.
Church wake up! It is your task...we are the only ones who have true light!
Enough is enough! No more telling people that their starving children are in God´s heart and when they die the will go to heaven..
Enough is enough! No more telling women that their husband´s abuse is a way to make her more spiritual, to take her closer to God...
Enough is enough! No more telling people that the rich, oppresive politicians are not really happy, that certainly they can´t sleep at night...
JUSTICE
Who will stand up and bring justice to earth?
Who will reach out?

I personally don´t understand people who pray and pray and never reach out...I don´t know why they never get to feel God´s heart. HE longs to reach out.
HIS deepest cry is "Who will go? Who can we send?"
Now I am standing still on the outside. I am not reaching out. God knew I needed the rest, and healing some deep wounds which I got out there in the battle, out there: reaching out.
I am standing still on the outside...but not in the inside. I am working hard on getting a new heart.
And part of that heart is built up on JUSTICE.
I still don´t know the details, but I have understood God´s longing to bring justice to earth...I mean it is no deep revelation-it is written all over the Bible.
But they are those kind of Bible verses I had diluted, trying to avoid the fact that GOD IS JUST and I will be judged...too heavy a reality, so I deluted it.
I focused on comfort and hope.
But can you offer true comfort and true hope without justice implied?
NO!!!
How do I know? Because I did it for so many years and in the end it was like giving people a ballon filled with gas...the ballon would sooner or later Pop and they would be left with an even bigger void, and with even a deeper cry.
Some justice is not hard to bring forth. When we would go the hospital for poor people in Bolivia, we brought justice by demanding that people would be given the proper care...that was all. Not hard at all.
I don´t know the details of what will come, but I am starting by accepting that GOD IS JUST.
and I am starting by accepting Bible verses like:
THOU ARE JUST, O LORD, WHO ARE AND WAS,
O HOLY ONE, BECAUSE YOU HAVE JUDGED THESE THINGS;
BECAUSE THEY POURED OUT THE BLOOD OF THE SAINTS
AND PROPHETS, SO YOU HAVE GIVEN THEM BLOOD
TO DRINK; THEY DESERVE IT!"
REVELATIONS 16:5