biblereflections

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Osee/ Luke

Today I want to speak on the difference between the desert and walking in the midst of God´s wrath.
Is there any difference?
We often speak of the desert as the worst place we could be. It is true, it is no fun. It is harsh and dry.
But as we walk down the road with God, we soon realize that the desert has a special beauty: We come out leaning on our beloved.
SO I WILL ALLURE HER; I WILL LEAD HER INTO THE
DESERT AND SPEAK TO HER HEART. FROM THERE I WILL
GIVE HER THE VINEYARDS SHE HAD, AND THE VALLEY
OF ACHOR AS A DOOR OF HOPE.
OSEE 2:16

A desert is hard. I will not contradict such a fact. sometimes we get to the point of wondering if we can take another step.
A desert is a place we will often visit while here on earth. God himself will lead us into the desert: to speak to our hearts.
Sometimes God leaves us in the desert for a long, long, long time. I have been to the desert many times.I recall a specific time when I just dropped on the sand. There were vultures around. "Bea, get up, they will attack you if you don´t move..." "I cannot move, I will not even try. Enough is enough...if I die, I die." The telephone rang and the call had one message: rain... Perfect timing!
I WILL ALLURE HER; LEAD HER INTO THE DESERT
SPEAK TO HER HEART...

The desert is hard, but I will pay the price ...to hear HIS voice, speaking into my heart.

But God´s wrath...!
But God´s wrath is different.

"LORD, OPEN FOR US!" AND HE SHALL SAY TO YOU IN
ANSWER, "I DO NOT KNOW YOU, DEPART FROM ME
ALL YOU WORKERS OF INIQUITY.
LUKE 13:25-27

That is God´s wrath.
The verse also says: "BUT LORD WE ATE AND DRANK IN
YOUR PRESENCE..."

God´s wrath is something totally different from the desert. In the desert He speaks to your heart.
Here, you are rejected, pushed aside.
All your previous good deeds become scum.
DEPART FROM ME WORKER OF INIQUITY
"But Bea, you ate and drank in the presence of God!"
So?
I lost a revival, many people were wounded, I was held responsible for their blood.
The words I heard were these:
DEPART FROM ME WORKER OF INIQUITY!

God loves me, but He is holy,holy, holy.
I don´t care if this goes against your doctrine. I rather you be unsettled and upset than for you to continue walking in some false hope that you can go on sinning and never face the wrath of God...just because you now eat and drink in the presence of the Lord.
My friend listen closely, we cannot walk in such senseless way. His mercy is just awesome...but His justice, His holiness, His wrath are all part of the game.
You cannot continue to walk in sin and think you will not render accounts for doing so.

LISTEN!!!!! and listen well...God is Just.

I AM THE WAY. Jesus said.
Our only real hope of not facing God´s wrath is to follow HIS WAY.
That was Jesus´ reason for going to the cross, so we could have the option of a different way, a way that would lead us far from God´s wrath...BUT it is up to us to follow that way.

I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND LIFE. Jesus said.