biblereflections

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Daniel 3: 26

SERVANTS OF THE MOST HIGH GOD,
COME OUT AND COME HERE.
DANIEL 3:26

These were king Nabuchodonosor´s word. I strongly recomend you read Daniel 5:17-21, here you can get a better idea of who King Nabuchodonosor was. And it is this man that pronounced these words.
I tremble at such words. How I wait for the day my family, my friends, my society pronounces the same words to me.
Not because of desire for acceptance and attention, but those same words pronounced out of the same heart in which they were spoken.
Nabuchodonosor was no jerk. He was the king of one of the greatest empires of history. He took his kingdom to power. He had seen many things, done many others. But that morning he saw something that impressed him enough to say:
"I want those guys near me."
He even appointed them to hight places in the government! He wanted them that near!

We all say "yes, I would like God to touch my husband´S/ wife´s/kid´s/parent´s/neighbor´s heart like that.
But what did God use to touch the king´s heart?
"BEA! a miracle...can´t you see these guys didn´t burn in the fire!"
WHY? why didn´t they burn? who were these guys? why did they receive such mercy, such grace?
Once again lets remember their background. They were young jews, who grew up in the midst of adversity. It was adversity and not prosperity that shaped their lives!!! It was adversity and not prosperity that drew them near God, so close that by the time they reached Babylon they had one thing clear:
GOD IS THE MOST HIGH GOD
and WE ARE HIS SERVANTS

Get a catholic Bible and read Azaria´s prayer...wow! I mean...wow...every single pharse moves my heart...AND it touched God´s heart.
Please, don´t memorize it and everytime you are in problems say it out loud as one would do with some type of magic words.
The words are correct, they are neat, they are special...but it was the heart!!! The heart that said those words... meant those words!
When Azaria´s said "with contrite heart and humble spirit let us be recieved; as though it were holocaust of rams..." he was saying:
MOST HIGH GOD, You are God. We are not.
Today, we will probably die, consumed by fire.
Let even our death be precious to you.
Let the burning smell of our flesh,
reach you, and may you accept it,
Today, we are here, in the fire, instead of rams
Please God, let our death be a sweet, fragant
smell unto you.

When we are going through hard situations...can we pray like this? Does our heart understand that He is the Most High God and thus continue to be humbled before Him? or do we get upset and angry and give Him some dirty looks? "God you could have saved me from this...and you haven´t!" or "God what on earth are you doing? everything is going wrong!"
My heart is not like Azaria´s heart...yet.

But that is not all. Azaria´s makes this prayer. He finishes. They probably all look at each other, with a "this is it guys, has been nice knowing you" type of look. They wait for a minute...and they are still alive!!!!! MAN ALIVE!!!!!!!!!
uuuuuhhhhhh!!!!
And then in the catholic Bible you read their praise. They were STILL in the furnace, but they knew, they just knew that God was going to get them out...sooner or later, they were going to walk out alive!
And you read their praise and you might think, these guys really lacked inspiration:
"Dolphins and all water creatures, bless the Lord;
ice and snow, bless the Lord..."
That is basically it.
They mention all creation...not very inspired, huh?

but I understand. When I made it out of those forty days of walking in the midst of God´s wrath, even though I knew things weren´t really over, in fact I faced 10 months of harsh discipline after the 40 days, but when those 40 days were over...I had one phrase in my heart:
I AM ALIVE!
and I knew my praise wasn´t enough.
so I would walk down the streets and told the trees,
"you trees, praise God along with me! Praise Him for His mercy endures for ever!"
I told the trees, the insects, the mountains, the sky... "all creation lets give God a big hand!"

and it still wasn´t enough.
That is why I now have this strong desire for a revival, I want to see the nations praising God.

That is how it happens.
God is taking the church through adversity of all kinds...to shape us...to break us...to take us to that place of understanding that HE IS THE MOST HIGH GOD...so we will walk in complete humility before Him...and then we will see the miracles...and then the world will cry out:
CHURCH OF THE MOST HIGH GOD,
COME OUT AND COME HERE!