biblereflections

Thursday, April 28, 2005

II Peter 1:2

MAY GRACE AND PEACE BE GIVEN YOU IN ABUNDANCE
IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF OUR LORD.
II Peter 1:2

It is true you know. When we know God we have peace.
let me repeat this:
When we know God, we have peace.

"Bea, I know God and I am still all stressed out!"
mmm....well, do you really know God?

Good question, no?
I am asking myself exactly the same thing.
I know God, if I did not know Him, right now...well I probably wouldn't be here. I would be in Bolivia fighting with my ex-husband to keep my kids...or something stupid like that.
I bet you anything that tons of people think I am ...mmm...not a very good mom.
But I am, very different in many ways...but a good mom. So, even though it hurts not to see their beautiful smiles and deep sweet eyes...I just have such a clear picture that this is good and good for us all...that I can move on.

But I am all stressed out for other reasons, and this makes me mad. I can't believe myself, so confident in having my kids in the other side of the country and yet so stress out for other reasons...which are big issues...but definitely nothing compares with having my kids far away.
If I were in Norway, I would go and take a dive in the sea, the water there is ice cold...that might knock my senses back!!!! grrr!!!

I sit back and begin to understand...that is why it is so good to "talk"...I feel peace in my kids situation, because God has SPOKEN CLEARLY about it all. His word produces faith, and thus fear is wiped out.
Maybe the key is to sit down and search God in every aspect. Like to search God and say "how do you see this specific situation, Lord?"
Of course! That is what kind David used to do, before every battle He would seek God and ask "should I go out to fight?" and he did not move until God answered...
again this is my problem, I know it takes time before God before He answers...so I have been presenting the problem and before getting the answer I rush on to my days work.
I think I will find the time to sit before Him until He answers, this stress is killing me!!!!

I must be the most human person on earth. I have tons of practice hearing His voice, I know Him...and yet I choose to do things in a way that I end up all stressed out!!

soooo human....so human!