biblereflections

Monday, April 25, 2005

I Kings 18:21

HOW LONG DO YOU HALT BEFORE TWO SIDES?
IF THE LORD BE GOD, THEN FOLLOW HIM;
BUT IF BAAL, THEN FOLLOW HIM.
I Kings 18:21

Last night I was watching the full moon rise. What beauty and splendor! I laid there in my bed, because of the way my room is the moon seemed to be "right there" just a kilometer away. Walking distance...I smiled at the thought. The moon, it is certainly not withing walking distance...
There where clouds here and there and the moon seemed to be playing a peek a boo game with me. I absorved the beauty, the awesomeness of the universe. I did not want to fall asleep, but it seemed it would take forever to move up into the sky. It was moving alright, I could definitely see the change, but at the same time it was so gentle, so cool and calm...no hurry, no rush, no sweat- the schedule is planned and I will be there just in time.
The schedule planned by the Almighty God. No hurry, just keep the pace. I the moon am so aware of the perfection of God's timing that I can even take the time to play a game of peek-a-boo with Bea Gasca. I the moon am so aware of the wisdom of God, that I gently follow my path through the sky- the mighty sky- with no rush, no stress. I am made to shine, tonight is my night...but I can take my time. I can relax and enjoy every single second that leads me there.

"Bea, the Bible verse you chose is totally of the topic!"...
No, it isn't. You see this morning God asked me this very question. "How long do you halt between two sides?"...and it was in relation to money and time. How easy it is to lose my rithym, how easy to forget that He has perfect awareness of time and of financial needs. How easy do I begin to ...halt between two sides. Yes, God is wise and I do love Him, but He seems to be kind of slow...things are not moving along as fast as they should, we are in a modern world... a world that gives you instant coffee and better coffee in a fraction of minutes..I think God is not aware of that...mmmm, I think I better figure out a way to make things better----FAST.
And as I start to move in that direction, well stress begins to build, fear, anxiety...aaggg!!!
so I pray:

"O Lord, open my eyes, I want to see things the way they really are...
the way you see things and time,
the way you see my life in the context of the history of humankind
open my eyes, open my eyes to your wisdom, to your concept of time,
to the perfect synchornization that flows from your very heart.
Open my eyes, so I may walk like the shinning moon, with elegance and dignity,
with royal beauty and above all, so I may walk in a steady calm pace, calm enough to play,
calm enough to enjoy the mistery of the night.
O Lord, open my eyes, so I may see the determination in your eyes, the determination to see me shinning brightly in the midst of the darkest night.
O Lord, open my eyes so I may never halt before two sides again.
O Lord, You alone are God!
Give me the grace to walk my life in full awareness of such truth.
I pray in Jesus' name,
May I walk my life in full awareness of the truth that You are God.
amen"