biblereflections

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Job 40:6-14

THEN THE LORD ADDRESSED JOB OUT OF THE STORM AND SAID:
HAVE YOU AN ARM LIKE THAT OF GOD, OR CAN YOU THUNDER WITH A VOICE LIKE HIS? ADORN YOURSELF WITH GRANDEUR AND MAJESTY, AND ARRAY YOURSELF WITH GLORY AND SPLENDOR. LET LOOSE THE FURY OFYOUR WRATH; TEAR DOWN THE WICKED AND SHATTER THEM. ...THEN WILL I TOO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR OWN RIGHT HAND CAN SAVE.
Job 40:6_14

Did you ever imagine God saying this? In our days we would say: "Hey, you think you are sooo cool, let me see you bring justice- go and get the president in shape- and if I see you do it then I will applaud and say you were right."
Why don't I trust God? I certainly cannot save myself! Much less save others!

I really like doing things God's way. So He gives me a group of people to take care off (pastor) and the next instruction is: pray for 40 days, and I do not want you to write to them during this time.
It is hard!
But today it just makes so much sense. It is like a "getting things straight" strategy. Since I lost the revival and got in big trouble for it, my temptation was (is) to become extra protective... God is just so cool.
First thing He does is to separate me from my two young boys. Good training for building up trust in God. I have no other alternative, either I trust Him or I trust Him! They are too far away from me, there is nothing I can do to protect or guide them. Freaky, no?
I love it.
I heard you saying "Bea! You are crazy!"... I smile. I love you.

But I do love it. I am aware to a point of what we are headed to, it is not going to be easy. my level of trust in God has to be HIGH. Very High. This will be important not only to walk in peace, but it will be important so I may obey Him a 100%.
100% obedience will be crucial, well it is already crucial, but it will be even more important and this is the time to prepare. To train, to cultivate a good realationship with God, to know Him, to understand His being God. To trust God.

Today I chatted with my boys. The look fine, they have gained some weight and still have very clear loving and gentle souls (I saw their eyes, which are the windows into our souls). Then Jesua told me "Mom, yesterday I though a lot about you because the policeman at my dad's office told me "Read Your Bible!" Just like that!" I stammered as I tried to answer. Jesua told me: "I know, it is a miracle." in a very solemn tone.

I saw God's twinkling eyes teasingly...to a point...saying: "Hey girl, you think you are sooo cool, have you ever gotten your boy to understand that I am real?....I did, and it was so easy..."

God being God. "Trust me Bea Gasca, trust me- after all I am God!"

I sit in solemn silence. I need to know God. I have this desperate hunger, I must know God well.
It is there in the knowledg of Who He really is, that I will rest.
It is there in the understanding of His will that victory will be reached.
I must know God.
I must get to know Him well.