biblereflections

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Isaia 46:10

AT THE BEGINNING I FORETELL THE OUTCOME;
IN ADVANCE, THINGS NOT YET DONE.
I SAY THAT MY PLAN SHALL STAND,
I ACCOMPLISH MY EVERY PURPOSE.
Is. 46:10

I had just told a friend of mine: I feel like when one is on the little car of a roller coaster, going up. It seems forever to actually get to the top, before the thrill actually begins. But I am so sure we are in the train!!!!!

And that is the trick. to be in the train, so when the time comes we wont only be mere spectators of the fun.
How to be in? well definitely it is a time of preparation a time not of doing things...but of BEING transformed. that means spending time with God and the Bible. I am seeing God moving in the same way in different people. I am seeing how He is making emphasis on the BEING more than in the DOING for now. He is demanding that we "refurnish/ redo" our own hearts...
So I read your letters and I don't really get excited with all the activity that is going on. It is not a bad idea, but it seems to me it is dangerous because it can become a distration...planning, meetings, funding etc etc. AND our hearts????
God needs 100% pure hearts into which He can pour His glory. He has told me clearly: "Bea, I also want the revival, but give me hearts into which I can pour my glory without killing the owner of the heart"
God is HOLY, real HOLY, I know we sing it all the time, but it is true. And His presence burns. not a soft warmth, a fire warmth. He consumes. He is terrifying. If there is no revival it is because WE are not ready to stand the Fire of His Glory.
It is This Fire that we need in order to reach these young generation. Nothing else will do.
I do not know when you spoke to a teenager the last time. These kids will make a fuss about a tree being cut down, but they will not even blink at the thought of abortion.
Their minds are really messed up. Really messed up. We need more than fun to get them in shape. We need the FIRE OF HIS GLORY.
it is time to stop praying for a revival. It is there, It is in God's heart, it has been there for at least two years!!! It was there when I went to Norway!!!
...I feel desperate as I try to awaken you to the reality that we are wasting our time and strength. It is time to repent, to seek the Lord and ask Him to really be God in our lives. It is time to really let Him take out sin from our hearts.
But to really take out our hearts and create a new heart.
It is time to work on BECOMING a new creation, honest to goodness new creation, not only a church going creation.
After that, the DOING will be automatic and the Glory will be automatic...everything will just flow so naturally, so freely, so beautifully...unity in the church, healings, repentance...everything we dream of...but it will start in our hearts.
If we choose not to let God near enough as to burn us into ashes, if we choose to be so busy that we don't allow Him to deal with us...then we will not be on the train of the roller coaster.
The thrill will come. God has stated that it will be so.
But only those who are being consumed by His fire NOW, will be able to participate THEN.

Consumed to BE now, in order to Do then.